Logos need to be kept in sync across many different properties, including corporate’s repository, station web sites, apps, printers, etc. Many of these changes rely on 3rd parties and multiple personnel to implement. As such, you can not change your logo by yourself, and changes must go through the corporate digital team. The changes take time and it’s in your best interest to submit at least a week before the logo needs to change.
To have your logo changed:
- ANY logo change must go through Service Desk. Log in with your Cumulus user name and password.
- Logo change requests must be accompanied by written approval from John Dimick and one of the following:
- The Corporate Program Director for your format
- Your Station PD
- Your Market Manager
- If Cumulus Digital are designing or altering your logo for you, low resolution example artwork will be provided in order to obtain approvals. Once approved, you will be provided with high resolution artwork including JPG, PNG, and EPS file. High resolution artwork will not be provided without approvals to prevent confusion in the case that changes need to be made.
- If you have had your logo design done locally, the logo must be submitted in a service desk ticket as a vector EPS or AI file without bitmap or raster effects. Photoshop cannot create vector graphics. Do not simply save a bitmap (JPG, GIF, PNG) as EPS or paste a bitmap file into Illustrator. See this helpful website for the difference between bitmap and vector graphics formats. This will allow your logo to scale for any usage without quality loss.
- You will need to connect with your assigned lawyer to register your new logo. Be aware that any differences—orientations (horizontal, vertical, stacked, etc) and colors—are considered different logos for the purposes of trademark and you will need to register all variants which are in use.
If you have had your logo produced locally and cannot provide a vector EPS, we may be forced to attempt to trace or recreate your logo. We often do not have the resources available to perform such transformations, and may not be available to perform this for you. If we are available to do it, we cannot guarantee the final result will perfectly match the provided bitmap file. Photographic (aka bitmap or raster) effects such as bevels, some shadows, lens flare, etc cannot be reproduced in vector form.
Please note that 3rd parties will not be notified of changes if they pertain to any confidential changes until after such changes are made public. Once 3rd parties are notified, it can take several weeks for processing which is out of our control, so it is imperative that you factor this into your launch.